Community Risk Reduction
- Fire Prevention programs tailored to the specific needs of the most "at-risk populations" in our community.
- Fire extinguisher training is available community wide, including industries and businesses.
- Smoke Alarm installation program.
- CPR and First Aid training through the American Heart Association is available as scheduling permits.
Fire and Life Safety Codes Enforcement is another avenue by which the City of Dayton Fire-Rescue
promotes the health and safety of Dayton's residents and visitors. While codes enforcement has
traditionally been regarded with negative connotations, the DFD's "3-E" approach is very customer
- Engineering: The department reviews plans prior to construction to ensure compliance.
- Education: The DFD seeks to increase safety awareness through education.
- Enforcement: The DFD strives to make this the least used element of an inspection.
department enforces the 2012 International Fire Code and the 2012 NFPA 101: Life Safety Code. For
questions concerning fire and life safety codes of to schedule an inspection call (423) 775-8402
The department also utilizes the Knox Box rapid entry system. Information concerning the Knox Box system can be found at www.knoxbox.com or by calling (423) 775-8402 (Monday-Friday).