Application to use Library Facilities
Kitchen Use and Food Service
Refreshments, box lunches or simple catered meals may be served at meetings. The kitchen is intended for this kind of use and may not be used for cooking. Refreshment supplies such as cups, containers, paper goods, tea and coffee are not provided by the Library. Refreshments may not be taken from the meeting room to other areas of the Library. Groups using the kitchen are expected to leave it in the condition they found it; trash should be picked up and the kitchen should be cleaned. Set up and clean up of the kitchen must be accomplished within the time period for which the room is rented. If it is necessary for Library staff to clean up following a meeting, the organization making the reservation will be charged according to the current schedule fee of $25.00.
The Clyde W. Roddy Public Library Meeting Room will seat up to 35 people comfortably. The meeting room will be arranged with chairs facing the projection screen. Any variation in these arrangements will be the responsibility of the user. No items shall be taped or tacked to walls, doors or any other surface. A display easel and/or podium are available by request. Meeting rooms will be left as they are found and if the furniture is rearranged, it must be returned to the original arrangement at the end of the meeting. Furniture and/or equipment from other areas of the Library will not be brought into the meeting rooms without prior approval from the Library Director. Personal furniture and/or equipment and/or displays may be provided by a group with prior approval. All room set up and clean up must be accomplished within the time period for which the room is rented.
Additional Rules and RegulationsThe following rules and regulations apply to all groups using the meeting rooms:
- No organization other than an organization affiliated with the Library shall use the Library as its official address.
- Storage of goods by organizations using the public meeting rooms will not be permitted.
- Attendance at a meeting may not exceed the maximum number of people certified by the Fire Department as the occupancy limit for the room.
- Any use of the meeting rooms which disrupts the normal operations of the Library, such as those uses which produce excessive noise, will not be permitted. Live or recorded music is permitted only with prior approval. The Library reserves the right to terminate any disruptive activity.
- Use of tobacco is not permitted anywhere in the Library.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed.
- Groups whose members are under the age of eighteen must be accompanied by one adult chaperon for each fifteen participants.