The N.D. Reed Family,ran this Dry Goods Store which was one of the oldest original business that was located in Smith's Crossroads.This was before the town changed its name to Dayton. The current day location is the rear parking lot of the Middle Tennessee Natural Gas Company.
N.D. Reed served as Daytons 2nd Mayor. He served in 1886, 1888 and again in 1901
A view of Market Street looking north at Main Street. This photo was taken approx 1925.
A view of Market Street looking south at 2nd Ave.Taken in 1948.
This bridge located on Market Street, was replaced in 1975 with the current bridge.